Wednesday, April 01, 2009

I'm still alive...

It's been awhile since I blogged. There has not been a lot to blog about here. Staying busy but just with everyday stuff. I do have a very important prayer request though..And I ask that anyone who reads this would say a prayer for my mother, Joy Wilcox. She was diagnosed with Ovarian Cancer a year and a half ago. She went through a series of chemo and was miraculously healed. I mean if you could have seen her when she was diagnosed and then after her healing you would know it was truly the hand of God. She had it all through her body. Well the other day we went back to the doctor and they said the catscan says she has a cyst that has reoccurred. That scared us of course. They said probably the best thing for her would be surgery to remove it and then another round of chemo. My mom is very scared of surgery but I think that is what she is opting to do. We will meet with the doctor again on Monday..April 6th. Please say a prayer for her and for the family...God preformed a miracle in her once and I know he can do it again. She's a wonderful lady that I know the Lord has used during all of this....I don't feel like he's done with her yet.

On other news ..not a lot going on.. Donald had his Carpel Tunnel Release surgery on Monday. He's doing pretty good....he doesn't like it that he can't drive anywhere..but they said no for two weeks...I'm not used to him being home all the time..so thats been a adjustment...but he is doing well.

Well I think I'll go for now...Spring Break is next week..and we were going to go camping but now I don't think we are going to get to because of his surgery. Well bye for now..

10 comments:

Erika J. said...

Behold, I am the LORD, the God of all flesh: is there any thing too hard for me?

marshasblog said...

Thanks..I needed to hear that...

Vicki Smith said...

I'll keep your mom and hubby in my prayers.

donaldestep2 said...

An adjustment, eh? Can you imagine that? I would think having me around would be wonderful...lol. I wouldn't be around so much if I could just go fire up "BIGG MAMA", (that's the name the kids gave to my truck) and ride around a bit. No harm there, right?

marshasblog said...

Thanks for the prayers! Donald you need to just leave me alone about driving..The Doc said NOWAY until April 13th!!! He's aggravating me to death!!!!!!!!!!!

cokelady said...

I'll pray for your Mom. God is so able.

LOVE the discourse between you and your husband! Ha! They never seem to realize that, no matter how much you love them, you just don't want them around ALL the time! Perhaps, since he can't drive, he should stay home with the kids and YOU should fire up "Big Mama" and go enjoy some all alone time. ;-)

~Amy said...

Praying for your mom today.

I think Becki's idea is GREAT. Hey ... you could come see me!!!

;-)

Brother Donnie, we'll be praying your surgery goes well. Ya'll take care.

~Amy said...

Hey, lady. How's your mom doing?

donaldestep2 said...

OOOH...Guess who's driving now?!?!?! I'd say more, but big mama's a waitin! WOOHOO!

marshasblog said...

Donald your such a dork!!

Sis. Becki that was a marvelous idea..but my feet will barely reach the peddles...I have to put something behind my back just so I can...Now ask yourself what kind of man would buy a truck that their wife could barely even drive...??? How RUDE!! LoL!!

Thanks for the prayers for my mom..she's healing from her surgery...she will begin chemo shortly..so continue the prayers please... Love you guys!!